One of my colleagues is leaving this week, so we had an afternoon tea for him. I was very good and baked muffins! I adapted a banana and date muffin recipe to be a wholemeal rasperry and white chocolate recipe and if I do say so myself they were DELICIOUS.
I have to add this point because someone who is 'famous' for wearing a Texan Tuxedo - but otherwise has quite good taste - gave me 11 out of 10 for effort with the muffins.
11/10 - for effort.
This did not go down well; at afternoon tea I insisted that everyone who ate one compliment me so I could relay this onward. Not that I'm bitter and twisted, no siree.
Was so busy taking photos of my muffins I didn't get a pic til very late in the day. Had a few beers with workmate Dan to celebrate an extremely good day; here I am with a bucket of Budweisers in my purple frilly spotty silk top I got in Berlin a few months ago, the green pencil pleat skirt I got in the ghetto for $6 or so a few months back, and the aforementioned dirty black cardie.
And here's Dan. He's having what some unkind people, mainly me, might call a midlife crisis this week. The only proof of this is that he's bought a skateboard. It's got a naked woman with a snake wrapped around her on it (course it does). To his credit he got on it and started riding straight away, without knowing how to stop, and he has used it more than once. Sadly his career as a mature age deck dog is on hold because of a groin injury.
Note the awesome t-shirt on the guy behind him (skateboarding is not a crime).
No comments:
Post a Comment