Saturday, 6 August 2011

Bike fashions, Euro-style

Depsite lugging a stupid amount of clothing around with me, I have only a couple of outfits from the past few weeks to display. I insisted on wearing the same things day after day, so people would know on sight/smell that I am a rugged adventurer ... cough.

This is what I wore on week 1 on the bike - blue and green stripey Mooks t, and black shorts. I'm on a bridge at Torgau, looking at the remains of a destroyed bridge where the US and Russian armies famously met during WW2.


Around my waist is the ugly black rain jacket I wore far too often for my liking. It is oversized and was a freebie from Foxtel or something and Mum had been wearing it; I demanded she hand it over as she departed for an Italian countryside holiday (where it was sunny every goddamn day I am told). It totally saved my bacon; one day I managed to leave it, with my phone and iPod in the pockets, in the toilets of a place I'd stopped for a radler. 8kms down a bloody hilly forest track I realised this, and trekked the whole way back again to collect it. Was totally knackered by that stage and decided to stay at the place for the night; it turned out to be one of the loveliest evenings I had (no pic of me so here's the reisling I had and the view - lovely eh?). 


After a week on the road I changed outfits to the pink singlet and green shorts. I happened across myself in a shop in a pretty little place called Bautzen, and because I have no shame I took a pic of myself in the mirror. Note the developing tan...


So yeah that's about it for the outfits! 2 weeks, 2 outfits - I even wore the same thing most days when I finished cycling! When I'd reach a town and decide to stay the night, I'd find a pension or gasthaus, dump my gear, have a shower (OK mostly it depended how hungry or thirsty I was) and get changed into my blue a-line skirt with the buttons and my stripey pink singlet that is the essense of summer. Only pic I could find is me with a statue in a Greek restaurant, (after a few ouozo's, evidently).


Handing back my bike after so many adventures together was traumatic; here's the pic I took of it for posterity. Not that I am wearing mourning black - and the same clothes I left and returned in!


So that's it - boring month wardrobe-wise, but I did manage to pick up a few bits and pieces that I'll no doubt be showing off in the next few weeks.

Oh 2 final pics. On the way home I had a rendezvous with a handsome man at the airport at Singapore!


 Dan's dressed for the humidity in his light blue shirt and shorts - 34 in Singapore when I touched down.


In my own inimitable style I informed Dan that it was his shout because I didn't have any money, which was quite nice of me.

Great end to what was a fantastic holiday!! Do I really have to go to work tomorrow?? Really??




No comments:

Post a Comment