Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Tuesday August 9

At present my only criteria for getting dressed in the morning involves the answer to the question 'do I need to iron it'? being 'no'.  I don't mind ironing much really, especially compared to say the washing up (think I just broke out in a rash there) but I just can't be arsed at the moment.  Post holiday intertia has set in.

I have been musing about housework all day. Last census day I remember having a fight with my partner about how many hours of housework he did a week. He was claiming something absolutely ludicrus because he counted cooking hours, a task which he made as long and time consuming as possible; for example pasta took about 4 hours to make because he cut up the tomatoes and stewed them to make a sauce, and hand made the pasta from scratch. And it was fantastic and delicious, but IT WAS NOT HOUSEWORK. He spent maybe 15 minutes a year on any other form of 'housework'. I was incandescent with rage that day; no such fights will be happening tonight I'm pleased to report!


Today's outfit is pretty dull I'm afraid. Boots, black pants, and a beige and red lightweight spotty cotton shirt with a big sash at the front. I don't know how I feel about this shirt yet; but I wore it today because it met the aforementioned criteria. It was 15 quid in H&M. The cardy is a new one I had to buy when I realised the day before I went on holidays that I had lost the red cardy I was counting on wearing to the weddings. It was about 30 bucks from Cotton On. I dig the scooped neckline.


3 comments:

  1. the census is a strange time, evokes memories of census's past and present. i remember one census, would have been 2002 where i was going to write a book, loosely titled 'from census to census'. it was basically because all my particulars had changed: education, marital status, income, etc etc since the last one. i missed the 2006 one and here i am again... homo alono. but not for a great deal longer. soon i too will be arguing about housework! (pretty sure im going to lose those arguments as i dont do a great deal.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way that book title? before you start... I was 23. gimme a break. how was your burned dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am certainly not one to throw stones when it comes to housework but that was really beyond the pale. dins was pizza - i burnt 2 pita bread bases to a crisp before finally succeeding. sigh x

    ReplyDelete