well, i think this proves, sarah, that I was alive on Saturday although you saw me on Sunday so I guess you already knew that. Mike's sister Clare and her partner Chris flew in from las vegas, on the way home to NZ so we spent a lazy day trawling around markets and op shops and generally doing nice things. Clare, below, tried on this wedding gown in an op shop for kicks and I agreed to try on one of the truly spectacular bridesmaids dresses they had on display. I regretted it, though, as you can see from my facial expression.
Clare! She looks a lot like the lady version of her brother, I think you'll agree. Big bright blue eyes. She has no plans or indeed desire to get married, btw, just for the record. This Was For Kicks. The lady in the shop actually was quite cross at the level of Kicks we were having - the boys were there too and taking photos. I suppose we made a bit of a scene, in hindsight. But it was not intentional - just good clean fun. Sorry we made you cranky, lady.
Here is Clare's partner, Chris, who looked a bit like Fidel Castro because of his beard. The jacket, pictured at Rozelle markets, really capped it off. See what I did there?
Finally, this incredible giraffe/zebra jacket was on display in another op shop and had it not been perilously close to payday I would have bought it for Sarah, as a thank you present for the incredible gold PVC-like tights she bought me in Germany that are possibly the most unflattering garment I have ever worn. But don't worry, I'll blog 'em when i find the right moment to rock them. I love a fashion challenge.
i have so much to say but the zebra/giraffe thing has left me speechless
ReplyDeleteI knew you'd love that. Africaaaaaaaaa! I really, really wanted to buy it for you.
ReplyDeleteOh my, that red dress is truly atrocious, only slightly outdone by your excellently bad pun.
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
Miss you too - hope the states is TERrific!
ReplyDeletexE