Woke up extremely worse for wear today, thanks to some unexpected post work drinkies that carried on far longer than expected. Still, better than going home and feeling sorry for myself on the couch, which had been my plan!
One of my workmates is moving to London, which of course calls for a party. The party had an 80's theme, which pleased me very much, because I have several dress options on that front.
However, I am very displeased to report that my stuff is missing!! Trace have you been throwing my stuff out again? Elise - what about you?? Surely I could not have inadvertantly disposed of 2 of my favorite items ever - the Lindy Chamberlain dress and the 80's Dolly Parton shirt?
I went through the first few stages of grief before Skye arrived with my saviour - a leopard print jacket. Have I ever mentioned before that I hate leopard print with a passion? All animal print, truth be known. I had to quickly whip up a costume, and without further ado I present moi as an 80s rock groupie. Bit too convincing eh?
For some unknown reason my mother owns a black Supre singlet and I had to borrow it once when I got caught short on a hot day. It has an unreasonably low scoop back - in fact I have a dreadful feeling it may actually be a dress. We played with me wearing it as a dress but in the end sanity prevailed and I wore this red couderoy skirt that George made me a few years ago.
I bought these tights accidently a few months ago. Can you imagine how annoying it was to go to put on some nice new tights to have this freaking awful cut out on the side? I was so cross! But they came in handy tonight.
We also drew a heart on my shoulder with eye liner. I'm telling my workmate Daniel in this pic that it could be his name in the middle if he plays his cards right (he is clearly delighted at the prospect). And yes the bra showing is deliberate. I spent a lot of the night with my back facing the wall, til I stopped caring.
Here's Lach looking like he could be going just about anywhere on any day of the week- only thing that's missing is short shorts (must have been in the wash eh Lach?).
Here are Skye and Akane looking spectacular. Skye is wearing a dress her mum used to wear to church, apt given that she was my moral guardian for the night (and she did a terrific job). When we got in the cab to go to the party the dress split right up the front - which prompted many inappopriate jokes involving the dress and Skye's mum and what she used to get up to after church (jokes that 'came from a place of love and respect' as Elise would say).
One of my workmates is moving to London, which of course calls for a party. The party had an 80's theme, which pleased me very much, because I have several dress options on that front.
However, I am very displeased to report that my stuff is missing!! Trace have you been throwing my stuff out again? Elise - what about you?? Surely I could not have inadvertantly disposed of 2 of my favorite items ever - the Lindy Chamberlain dress and the 80's Dolly Parton shirt?
I went through the first few stages of grief before Skye arrived with my saviour - a leopard print jacket. Have I ever mentioned before that I hate leopard print with a passion? All animal print, truth be known. I had to quickly whip up a costume, and without further ado I present moi as an 80s rock groupie. Bit too convincing eh?
For some unknown reason my mother owns a black Supre singlet and I had to borrow it once when I got caught short on a hot day. It has an unreasonably low scoop back - in fact I have a dreadful feeling it may actually be a dress. We played with me wearing it as a dress but in the end sanity prevailed and I wore this red couderoy skirt that George made me a few years ago.
I bought these tights accidently a few months ago. Can you imagine how annoying it was to go to put on some nice new tights to have this freaking awful cut out on the side? I was so cross! But they came in handy tonight.
We also drew a heart on my shoulder with eye liner. I'm telling my workmate Daniel in this pic that it could be his name in the middle if he plays his cards right (he is clearly delighted at the prospect). And yes the bra showing is deliberate. I spent a lot of the night with my back facing the wall, til I stopped caring.
Here's Lach looking like he could be going just about anywhere on any day of the week- only thing that's missing is short shorts (must have been in the wash eh Lach?).
Here are Skye and Akane looking spectacular. Skye is wearing a dress her mum used to wear to church, apt given that she was my moral guardian for the night (and she did a terrific job). When we got in the cab to go to the party the dress split right up the front - which prompted many inappopriate jokes involving the dress and Skye's mum and what she used to get up to after church (jokes that 'came from a place of love and respect' as Elise would say).
Yowsers. I let out a long wolf whistle when I first saw this pic, and another one when i saw the back tattoo. Brilliant! Looks like a fantastic party... love your work. So nice to see Skye back home safe again too - you have been missed on DTTE, missy. Thanks for the cammo underwear - it's a jungle out there. xE
ReplyDelete'... 80s rock groupie. Bit too convincing ...'.
ReplyDeleteMy work here is done!
Love from 'Anonymous'. xx