friday the 13th was a beautiful day. ange surprised me by coming in for lunch and we had a splash in the fountain after. i'm in an alannah hill frock i bought in a neutral bay op shop for $60, i think. wearing sensible slip bought with sarah in fcuk for $20. beads were a gift from my sister trace.
ange also in a summer frock, this one she had made in shanghai in 2005 - fabric from the markets made from an old pattern she found in an op shop because she liked the drawing on the front! less than $20 all up. Knock off Ray Bans (i love the term knock off) for 200 baht on her xmas holiday ($6). thanks ange for texting it in and your commitment to DTTE.
later, i went to petersham bowlo to see adam's band grand banks play, which also doubled as his friend den's 50th. Caught up with Julz & Addy's friends and family who i really like and met some great people thanks to this brilliant idea Julz had to get everyone on the blog in Adam's massive-gallon white hat.
she is smokin', no? the gorgeous bag her mother made for xmas, i inspected it, it is really perfectly made and has these beautiful little russian dolls on the top panel.
the man himself with jason on drums.
i changed in to jeans because i was on my bike - which later borked itself and is in pretty bad shape. i digress. top i bought in japan in 2006 for 300 yen, which is maybe four dollars. i can't remember. i', wearing a sombrero pendant around my neck that my mum gave me for xmas. her best friend (nannos's mum, karen) gave her a similar one when i was born.
jase.
dex.
this lady.
that lady.
mike.
chris.
dave.
sarah.
this lady.
that lady.
we ended the night at the barley, with me way-delayed by my bike chain drama and covered in grease, and performed our interpretative dance 'two strong hearts' in front of a pretty large crowd - huge applause. next stop, martin place.













the gallon hat was a genius idea - i esp like the dress on the first 'that lady'.
ReplyDeletethe fountain frollic looks like lots of fun ladies - and elise that seems to be a first for that frock on dtte, well done you!!
Yeah it was an excellent dress, she also had this awesome owl pendant that you can see if you click on the pic. I'd met quite a few of Adam's male friends before, but not the ladies which is why i can't remember their names!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks, I made a point of wearing a number of dresses last week that I haven't worn all summer. I counted them the other day and I have 26.
Yeah it was an excellent dress, she also had this awesome owl pendant that you can see if you click on the pic. I'd met quite a few of Adam's male friends before, but not the ladies which is why i can't remember their names!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks, I made a point of wearing a number of dresses last week that I haven't worn all summer. I counted them the other day and I have 26.
YOU OWN 26 DRESSES?!?!?
ReplyDeleteyou are like the imelda marcos of dresses.
i think you should wear one a day for the rest of summer x
I'm with Sarah, the first 'that lady' has a sensational dress. I think I'll have to make one just like it. Will take hours (of sewing which in real time means months on account of the very few hours per week I can dedicate) but totally worth it. Next summer mayhaps.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea Skye (not that I can sew). It's really all about the fabric, I reckon.
ReplyDelete(Yeah, 26, Sare but some of them only get one wear a year, and some I should just throw out. Like everyone else I only wear like 3 of them regularly.