I am waiting til my late lunchtime before I post today, but as an entree, check out my handsome colleague Lach.
He spends an awful lot of time not working parading past my office and laughing as I squint and point and my computer, so now it's time for revenge, four eyes.
Hey Lach here's a hint - if you are going to pose like this I am going to put you on my fashion blog! I think it's the matching shoes and undies that really steal the show, although that expression is something else too.
I was about to rush out the door this morning when I took one final look in the mirror and had the crushing realisation I was not dressed appropriately for work. I'm not sure if I am growing or if the dress is shrinking every time I wash it - I'm hoping the latter - but it was far too short to be decent. Not ideal at 8am really, but I quickly had to change and ended up grabbing the thing in my wardrobe next to it, ie this dress.
I bought this dress maybe 6 months or so ago whilst in Sydney - during my dark days of 'living in Canberra'. My old boss was getting married and conveniently enough I had invited myself along - though in my defence Elise did insist it would be fine and I was probably meant to be invited - and in fact she too had invited herself along so I should do it too.
Killing a bit of time before the wedding, I headed into one of the finest op-shops on Marrickville Road and splurged somewhere in the vicinity of $6-8 on this dress. It is very lightweight but has beautiful vibrant coloured flowers on a dark navy background and a belt that is far too long to sit properly I am noticing today. It really needs some extra backing in it though because it can be a bit see through in the wrong light.
So come wedding time I had 2 choices; do I wear the one I had bought with me or the new/old one? I consulted Elise whose sage advice was "boob or leg, but not both". This doesn't really conform to those rules, but I thought seeing as I had already invited myself to the wedding I probably couldn't make a much bigger faux pas - so I wore it. It was a lovely, albeit dry wedding, so we headed to the pub afterwards and Elise yelled at the football on TV (stay classy, lady).
Nice one Lach. There's a reason they're called UNDERpants.
ReplyDeletehey hey hey... it was the AFL final, and the first final, if you recall sarah, that ended in a draw. there was plenty of reason to be shouting.
ReplyDeleteLachie... wow. Just, wow.
I love that dress on you sare and seeing you wore the tights, i would have advocated for a boob. 4 stars.
thanks for the springsteen poster! we did karaoke last night and i did that (of course), after kicking off with nine to five (dolly), moving through an interpretive dance version of hello (rich played the blind girl, i stalked him, doing a farewell to singlehood with 'single ladies' with erin and KT, and BRINGING the house down with 'the greatest love of all' by whitney houston - where i was heavy on the mastubation gags "learning to love yourself / that is the greatest love of all // the greatest love of all / is the love inside of you" - and may or may not have attempted to make love to the giant screen.
but the best part of the evening was when we put on a korean love song by mistake and rich and elissa went for it - her using the random chinese she knows and rich with a few korean phrases. it was a ballad, they took turns in singing passionately to each other and elissa actually sung at one point - the climax - sang choi bouw chris cheah, itchi na ho A-C-M-A. we were all on the floor.
PS the rule is 'boob or thigh', sare, btw... 'leg' is fine to the knee, anytime anywhere anyhow
ReplyDelete