Winter is here!!! Boo!!
It absolutely belted down here last night - the rain woke me up 3 or 4 times because it was so loud. It was utterly miserable when I got out of bed, so I fought back the only way I could think of - by wearing the brightest coloured thing I own.
I got this dress just before I moved to Canberra (for 15 minutes or whatever it was) at a factory outlet in Alexandria. It was originally $200 and I got it for $25 - BARGAIN. It's a really beautiful fabric (alas the tag is on the inside and I don't care enough to take it off and check) - but the hue is really vibrant and that's what I like best about it.
What I don't like about it is the fit! It's actually extremely unflattering - it does this stupid billow right at the bum and also around the belly which is tres ugly. So whilst there is lovely stitching that should make it fit fabulously, it just simply does not fit ME properly.
Not that I let this stop me, nooooooo siree. I just wear it with a cardy and boots and usually a jacket. That way people only notice are how nice the colour is, which suits me just fine. It also dries quickly, I discovered after standing at the tram stop as the horizontal rain drenched me for 20 joyous minutes this morning.
And here is Ryan again - lap him up while he lasts! In a couple of weeks his appearances will be fewer and further between as he moves on to bigger and better things, far away from ourfashion studio office. Boo!
But looking pretty dandy today, eh??
It absolutely belted down here last night - the rain woke me up 3 or 4 times because it was so loud. It was utterly miserable when I got out of bed, so I fought back the only way I could think of - by wearing the brightest coloured thing I own.
I got this dress just before I moved to Canberra (for 15 minutes or whatever it was) at a factory outlet in Alexandria. It was originally $200 and I got it for $25 - BARGAIN. It's a really beautiful fabric (alas the tag is on the inside and I don't care enough to take it off and check) - but the hue is really vibrant and that's what I like best about it.
What I don't like about it is the fit! It's actually extremely unflattering - it does this stupid billow right at the bum and also around the belly which is tres ugly. So whilst there is lovely stitching that should make it fit fabulously, it just simply does not fit ME properly.
Not that I let this stop me, nooooooo siree. I just wear it with a cardy and boots and usually a jacket. That way people only notice are how nice the colour is, which suits me just fine. It also dries quickly, I discovered after standing at the tram stop as the horizontal rain drenched me for 20 joyous minutes this morning.
And here is Ryan again - lap him up while he lasts! In a couple of weeks his appearances will be fewer and further between as he moves on to bigger and better things, far away from our
But looking pretty dandy today, eh??
Super boo, I shall miss seeing Ryan regularly. Great dress, Sare, colour is KICKARSE. Can you take it to a tailor and make it fit properly?
ReplyDeleteI probably could... But will I is the (rhetorical) question
ReplyDelete