Going to farewell drinkies for Michaela tonight so am a little less casual Friday than usual today.
I am wearing 3 mismatching shades of faded black. Specifically: Promod black pants, a singlet that gathers at the front of the scoop (got at some random little shop in Singapore years ago that has generated more compliments than the rest of my wardrobe combined - go figure), and the light 3/4 length Veronika Maine top with the plunging neck and gathering near the shoulders and down the front.
Over the top is the over-sized pink cardy that I've become quite fond of, despite being wholly unflattering. It's a great perk up for a rainy grey morning, which today was after having glorious but cold days the rest of the week.
I am wearing 3 mismatching shades of faded black. Specifically: Promod black pants, a singlet that gathers at the front of the scoop (got at some random little shop in Singapore years ago that has generated more compliments than the rest of my wardrobe combined - go figure), and the light 3/4 length Veronika Maine top with the plunging neck and gathering near the shoulders and down the front.
Over the top is the over-sized pink cardy that I've become quite fond of, despite being wholly unflattering. It's a great perk up for a rainy grey morning, which today was after having glorious but cold days the rest of the week.
Topping it off are my ankle length brown boots which I fear are on their last legs... nooo! They are super soft but have also stretched so now I galomp about in them and fear I will one day stack it because I have to walk so carefully in them.
My socks also seem to be on their last legs - they are threadbare. Wearing them with these shoes is remarkably unpleasant and feels a lot like burning. Not good.
Had a major breakthrough on the shoe shopping front last night, and having got the thumbs up from a trusted third party today (Skye), I bought some shoes!!
Huzzah!
Check em out. They're from Nine West and are exactly what I wanted - patent red leather, peep toe, square, with a reasonable heel that should not cripple me. I say 'should', not 'won't' because I am not much of a heel wearer and it really does not take much to cripple me. I will definitely start wearing these in pronto.
Here is Skye on our shopping sojourn today - dressed to the elevens, as always. Great coat eh? It reminds me of being at uni! Note the favourite shoes making their second DTTE appearance. Also the check tights - grey and navy are a great colour combo I would never have thought of. In fact I don't know that I own anything grey, will have to keep my eyes peeled to go with the only navy thing I own, ie that new blue skirt with the buttons.
Look how bright the sunlight is this afternoon - blinding!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Freaking awesome shoes Sarah - NOW TELL ME YOU ARE GOING TO BUY THE DRESS.
ReplyDeleteYou look great today, Sare.
SKYE - as for you (and poor you being dragged out shopping two days in a row) ... I can't stop laughing at your "white face". As a white person, I find it deeply offensive that you would paint yourself so to mock me...
Dear Lise,
ReplyDeleteMy other nickname is Whitey McWhitenstein. Until last year my belly had not seen the light of day since I was 3.
I don't even have to try and would never dare mock you, you might put the hipster cowgirl businesslady stompdown on me.
Very sincerely,
Skye.