I am feeling like a proper Melburnian, having attended my first Community Cup today. Community Cup is the best of all worlds with football thrown into the mix.
There are 2 teams of rock n rollers who thrash it out on the field for four quarters; in between the great unwashed decend on the field to kick their footy and run about, and a band plays at half time and full time. Oh, and fake Nick Cave's referee. You can read a better description here.
This year the half time entertainment was TUMBLEWEED - hello 1995 I still love you!! Full time "entertainment" was provided by You Am I, a band I have loathed since the get go; yet I will admit that today I happily danced my arse off and had a great time. Go figure.
It was bloody cold and windy so I dressed accordingly - the wide leg, cuffed green Mango pants (the only ones that fit and aren't black and don't have an inappropriate hole in them at present); my fabulous pink floral shirt (the hole is getting bigger - eeek); and the oversized pink cardie, which I was a precaution against getting lost (smart, eh??). Note You Am I providing the background music to the dance spectacular.
Pics below are of the VRDL crowd who were there (previous DTTEers Trace, Tarz and Maimy feature), a few interesting characters, and if you look REAL close at the last pic you'll find Timmy Rogers in a pair of footy shorts. Enjoy.
There are 2 teams of rock n rollers who thrash it out on the field for four quarters; in between the great unwashed decend on the field to kick their footy and run about, and a band plays at half time and full time. Oh, and fake Nick Cave's referee. You can read a better description here.
This year the half time entertainment was TUMBLEWEED - hello 1995 I still love you!! Full time "entertainment" was provided by You Am I, a band I have loathed since the get go; yet I will admit that today I happily danced my arse off and had a great time. Go figure.
It was bloody cold and windy so I dressed accordingly - the wide leg, cuffed green Mango pants (the only ones that fit and aren't black and don't have an inappropriate hole in them at present); my fabulous pink floral shirt (the hole is getting bigger - eeek); and the oversized pink cardie, which I was a precaution against getting lost (smart, eh??). Note You Am I providing the background music to the dance spectacular.
Pics below are of the VRDL crowd who were there (previous DTTEers Trace, Tarz and Maimy feature), a few interesting characters, and if you look REAL close at the last pic you'll find Timmy Rogers in a pair of footy shorts. Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment