Friday, 9 December 2011

Friday December 9

First and foremost, happy birthday handsome Dan! He is ... 34 today I think? Very, very excited to be seeing him in a few short weeks! :)

Also very excited to go to Meredith today! It's a 3 day music fest in a paddock near a little town a few hours outta Melbourne. Pretty well everyone one I know left at the crack of dawn to get there; I got a lift with Trace (who also had to work today), bless her cotton socks.


Here she is with DTTE repeat offender Double Denim. Note he is wearing short denim shorts, acquired for him from a good friend whose job description is 'denim trend forecaster' -  I shit you not. Elise we need to zhuzh up our titles a bit, 'consumer crusader' just does not cut the mustard any more!!

She apparently hand-frayed the bottom of the shorts - they are shorter at the front and quite wide legged, which causes quite the riot from the wrong angle as you might well imagine...



Or should I have said Quiet Riot, the only hair metal band missing from this monstrosity.

See what I did there?!?

Sorry I digress. There are no words to describe the vividness of the colours of that hawaiian shirt, and as for the green visor - well all I can say is there were at least 4 other people there wearing one. They were all firm friends upon spotting each other too - a community, if you will. There were all sorts at the festival, and the outfit watching was almost - almost - as much fun as the music.


And here's me today, wearing the pink Japanese-style dress, looking like I've already had a few jars as Lach would say. Coz I'm classy, I'm wearing black shorts underneath for modesty. They have holes in the crotch and are threadbare on the arse. Yeah, lets call them modesty shorts.


And finally, a shout out to 2 special ladies who are also in attendance- Fyfey, who came up with this genius way of carrying the esky. Smart as she is stylish, evidently! This is before she ended up with 2 sprained fingers, a sprained knee, and a black eye. Yeah, these roller girls play rough!


And last but not least, Maimy, who set up our tents so we could all camp together - thanks a million lady xx

No comments:

Post a Comment