Saturday, 10 December 2011

Saturday 10 December

Pretty dusty this morning, despite getting to bed at a reasonable-ish hour. I cracked my first drink very early today - I think it was prior to 10am but my memory is kind of muddled (would you believe). It was hot as hell today we had to start early to cool down!

Today's music was far superior to last night. I didn't mind what I heard of Ladyhawke, didn't really get into Future of the Left and Barbarion didn't really hold my attention at the time - though everyone else is in violent disagreement with me on those assessments, including DTTE repeat offender Lach who I found in amongst the hordes. He was wearing a bloody flannalette shirt, despite the heat, and his camp spot was marked out by a flag consituted of a pair of his underpants. True story! But because I am (as he would say) a bit of a nuffer, I don't have a pic. Sorry folks.

Anyways, today's music was kick arse. My highlights: the Rechords, Graveyard Train, Mudhoney, and Grinderman. Special mentions to Joelistics and Joe Lewis and the Honeybears. Was in the sup for Icehouse with someone who was NOT wearing double denim for once! What was he wearing today...?



Are you sorry you asked?!? He looked amazing. Matching pink thongs and pink flamingo shirt, and electric blue safari suit. People were shaking his hand in the crowd, and he was foisted up on someone's shoulders for one particular song (if you don't get that reference you are Gen Y and a disgrace, go look it up on YouTube).

I wore a white singlet, the same black shorts from yesterday, half dead sandals (3/4 dead now) and a long sleeved lightweight paisley top to get some respite from the bloody heat. I look drunk and I was, pretty well all day.


Here's Trace, being able assisted in putting on her emergency poncho which fortunately wasn't needed too much - though when it did rain she gave it away, coz that's just how she rolls. She's wearing a great light cotton dress - love that fabric. This shot makes it look like they are getting married in Vegas or something.



And here's Tarz, who was wearing a yellow bum bag! And green spots that we got from the sup boogying to Joe Lewis and the Honeybears. Wish it wasn't blurry but it's the only one I got!



And finally, I can't not blog this. It's (what seems to be) a cow, that has goon bags for udders. It moved through the crowd and it seemed that to get a swig from the udder you had to don some cloak. Pretty freaking funny stuff right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment