I had the best kind of day today; it was sunny, it was relaxing, and all was peachy in the world. Except for the cracking hangover it started with, but that has faded now and I'm just left with the pleasant memories! Genius.
A small miracle occured at Fitzroy market; we found a stall that had a pair of shoes for George and a pair of shoes for me - right size, new, and the right price! Since when does that ever happen eh? (Actually come to think of it it's kinda like the time when me and Elise were at Surry Hills markets, she had $15 and I had $20 and we found a perfect $35 dollar dress in our approximate size! It's her size, and if I remove a few ribs might be my size. One day, one day).
Anyways, I got heeled brown Campers for $50 - $50 Elise!! - with the green elastic to keep them in place; yes, I have a pair of blue flats in a similar style. George got great tan sandals, Wittner, $30.
George is wearing a gorgeous dress from Modcloth; it's navy with bright pink stripes. She's branching out and trying a few different colours - and I like what I see! You can't see it well, but there's a great navy bow on the front too. The cut is really nice around the middle - it takes a brave lady to buy a dress online I reckon, but it worked a treat.
I was well and truly out of my comfort zone tonight - check out the body language. How short is my dress???? Jeeeeeez. I bought it at my new favourite shop, Lush, with my sister in law a few weeks back. It is a lovely, lovely dress. However it's a 12 - the 14 was too big but it may be a wee bit small. Will have to take a better pic of the detail. It's also got wooden buttons on the bottom, and interesting side pleats and nice trim around the pits.
Also wearing the beautiful button cluster brooch George got me for Christmas - it's all beautiful browns and it made the dress more interesting.
Oh and I wore the shoes!! Check it out!! Come on Elise, how proud are you out of ten??
We'd hit a few bars in Northcote, and inexplicably every single place had finished serving food by the time we were ready to eat. So we did what all reasonable ladies would do - drank wine, ate nuts and olives for dinner, and supplemented it with cheese on toast whilst watching Rage later on.
Hostess with the mostess or what? And don't worry George, you are by no means the first to appear on this blog in your pj's.
A small miracle occured at Fitzroy market; we found a stall that had a pair of shoes for George and a pair of shoes for me - right size, new, and the right price! Since when does that ever happen eh? (Actually come to think of it it's kinda like the time when me and Elise were at Surry Hills markets, she had $15 and I had $20 and we found a perfect $35 dollar dress in our approximate size! It's her size, and if I remove a few ribs might be my size. One day, one day).
Anyways, I got heeled brown Campers for $50 - $50 Elise!! - with the green elastic to keep them in place; yes, I have a pair of blue flats in a similar style. George got great tan sandals, Wittner, $30.
George is wearing a gorgeous dress from Modcloth; it's navy with bright pink stripes. She's branching out and trying a few different colours - and I like what I see! You can't see it well, but there's a great navy bow on the front too. The cut is really nice around the middle - it takes a brave lady to buy a dress online I reckon, but it worked a treat.
I was well and truly out of my comfort zone tonight - check out the body language. How short is my dress???? Jeeeeeez. I bought it at my new favourite shop, Lush, with my sister in law a few weeks back. It is a lovely, lovely dress. However it's a 12 - the 14 was too big but it may be a wee bit small. Will have to take a better pic of the detail. It's also got wooden buttons on the bottom, and interesting side pleats and nice trim around the pits.
Also wearing the beautiful button cluster brooch George got me for Christmas - it's all beautiful browns and it made the dress more interesting.
Oh and I wore the shoes!! Check it out!! Come on Elise, how proud are you out of ten??
We'd hit a few bars in Northcote, and inexplicably every single place had finished serving food by the time we were ready to eat. So we did what all reasonable ladies would do - drank wine, ate nuts and olives for dinner, and supplemented it with cheese on toast whilst watching Rage later on.
Hostess with the mostess or what? And don't worry George, you are by no means the first to appear on this blog in your pj's.
I am hugely impressed and have shoe envy. also, i am hungry.
ReplyDelete