Tuesday, 6 March 2012

wednesday march seven


Day 3 of the conference and I am hitting my stride having overcome the time difference and stopped waking up at 5am. This dapper gentleman, Feroz, is team leader of the conference staff and i befriended him on the first day. he brings me coffee in the afternoons about 2.30pm when i get sleepy and everyone else in our UN horseshoe of desks start glaring at me. No mind, I'm awake, suckers. The days are very long, 9 hours of meetings on average. 

Feroz is in his team leader tux and is wearing a badge that says "We will manja our guests". I snickered at it like a teen for a few days thinking it similar to the italian word for eat and then asked - 'manja' means pamper. I'm getting one of those badges before I get out of here. 

I'm wearing my collingwood supporters dress ... JUST KIDDING YOU GUYS! I hate them as much as everyone else does. I bought it from a second-hand store for $20 bucks in 2004, it is originally from Target and i am guessing circa 1980s. 


This is Sunil, he is my favourite indian: number one of a billion. I like him because he is kind and polite and not shouty (ahem), but mostly because he dresses well and has awesome sideburns and a mo. He is also a hypnotherapist and our blossoming friendship took a turn this afternoon when he gave me some pamphlets on Hypnobirthing and Fertility Consultation Facilities. 

He told me over lunch today that he wants his daughter, who is 27, to get married and asked her to get on with it or he will make his own arrangements. their family just moved into a new house six months ago and she told him she wanted to live there for a year, so he told her a few weeks ago she has another six months to find love. She has been proposed to many times and has said no to all her suitors so far. i'm going to keep in touch with Sunil because i want to know what happens. 

2 comments:

  1. there is so much i love about this i barely know where to begin.
    firstly, your pose reminds me of wagner and wagner. i cant actually remember them but their names came into my head. something for you to google during tomorrow morning's session.
    i feel like I am friends with feroz for gods sake - he sounds awesome and 10 points to him for looking after you.
    sunil has truly excellent facial hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and ps - love the little bow as belt

    ReplyDelete