Here's me in the lift on the way to breakfast Tuesday. Life caught up with me that day and I was tired all day long and a bit grumpy. I'm wearing my new favourite dress with a sensible black singlet underneath. Avoiding boob and thigh while in a Muslim country out of respect for the way in which women dress here. Besides which, being a million feet tall makes me stand out enough. Everybody spent all day telling me how tall i was. Are still doing.
Had lunch with Sunil and some of his buddies today. He is Indian and his friend, who I will call A, is shouty and spent most of lunch telling me how crap our immigration policy is - jist of it was that because we have a strong economy we should not let anyone in at all as they will breed and then take over (and he has three relatives living in Australia). Australians do not breed enough. He said that India has the strongest economy in the world and that China are liars about theirs. I was too tired to get into it with him and Sunil tried to defend me, and indeed Australia, as much as he could.
Later, after the meetings and to stay awake, i went to this shopping mall. I was tired and blood-sugar-crashing when I got there, but after eating I got amongst it and bought three pairs of shoes, quite a lot of make up, and three pairs of pants for Ed (mostly to offset the guilt about buying so much stuff). oh, and an arseload of underwear (if you will pardon the pun).
Malaysia has all the same brands we have at home but everything is about a third of the price. The shoes, for example, were $80 for the lot. I'm sure you will see them on the blog soon.
Sare/all the Ladies if you need/want any of the above email me a list and i'll pick some up for you - the mall is but a ten-minute, $3 cab ride from the hotel where i'm staying/conference is being held at so I need any excuse going to leave. We're at a place called Subang which is about a half hour out of Kuala Lumpur. i have been to KL before and am probably going to be too lazy to bother going again so its Subang or bust.


looking tres pretty and just a little bit crazy in that first one lady. good call on the singlet, in the circumstances.
ReplyDelete3 pairs of shoes you say!! holy shitbags.
love the orchids on the table too :)