Friday, 13 May 2011

Friday May 13

I was bursting to get into the office today so I could get my blog up. Fate intervened however, as Blogger has been out of action! Not to worry, all good now.



Today is shaping up well - I'm dressed to the elevens as my best friend George is coming to visit for the weekend! Woo hoo! Today I'm wearing a dress, foundation, lipstick AND perfume! That's as rare as the 4 planets being in the same sky- which in a rather large co-inkidink also occurred this morning. I saw an interview with some planet dude on the news this morning and he was gorgeous - chortling about the next time this would happen being 2040 and to put it in the diary, and his hope that he'd still be alive at 95 to see it and that someone would wheel him out to take a look at the sky. Bless.



Anyways, dress is the Japanese floral jobbie I got in Singapore a few years ago that I’ve worn before.



Before George arrives I've got dinner plans with Trace and drinkies with my co-blogger, who is breezing through town on a conjugal visit. Oh yeah and a full day of work.



Well not entirely. Janine and I went out for lunch with our boss to Gill's Diner - great food, but a little rushed as they just slipped us in before some smart arse who had actually made a booking before lobbing up. 

After our lunch I noticed that the sole of my boot had cracked and was barely hanging on by a thread, so made an emergency stop at DJs to buy some shoes! I ended up with 2 pairs of boots because they had a sale on. A little thank you to my boots that lasted since 2002 – you did well, have fun in shoe heaven.



I should have stopped by the sock department whilst I was there - I was so embarrassed to take my shoes off. Guess why?  Note that one of them is actually on backwards so the hole at the heel would not rub uncomfortably. Noice. I really need to wash some socks.



As I rushed out the door today I saw a parcel in my box from Poofy!! This is exciting news indeed - Poofy is a Penriff boy made good- he now lives in the bright lights of Liverpool (admittedly Liverpewwwwl in the UK) with his lovely Spanish wife Gala.

I had some very special gifts to unwrap - mainly royal wedding souvenir magazines, but also a replica engagement ring! Helllloooo boys!! 

Here is a pic of Poofy from a few years ago – there are many along the same line, this is just one time I have spilt my drink on his lap (usually because he is making me laugh). 

We are going to have sooo much fun when I next come to visit with that ring.

 



Great day so far, and it is only the beginning!

1 comment:

  1. "have fun in shoe heaven"

    you're a classic, slapper.

    nice pics! I'll post later, getting slammed here (and not in a conjugal kinda way).

    x

    ReplyDelete