Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Wednesday 25 May

Someone's looking a bit rough around the edges today, eh? Feeling it, too.

Went out to dinner with my Mum last night in miserable, rainy old North Fitz, and on the way home we spied a little bar that had a Bob Dylan 70th birthday tribute going down!! Yeeeeeeeeeha!!

I love me some Bob Dylan on the best of days. We drank wine and listened and enjoyed and it was all kinds of awesome. They played a song I had tried and failed to find on my iPod earlier that day, so I was extra pleased - it's called Song to Woody and I've had it in my head ever since. I also love Woody Guthrie, and yes, I am about 150 on the inside.

On the outside today I am wearing a white shirt that hasn't featured previously (so far as I can recall) because I haven't been arsed to iron it. I still haven't but I gave up today! I bought it in H&M last year I think. It makes me look very tanned. The vest is the same as the ACCAN blue one, but is a mushroom colour and has a mothball hole in the back.

One of my colleagues came up to me earlier and said "now Sarah, you seem to have lost a lot of weight very quickly, should I be worried about you?". Leaving aside the fact it hasn't been quick I was STOKED that I am noticably less porky than usual. So I stood on the side for the pic. As you do.

Meanwhile, Janine is looking great today - she's wearing a grey baby alpaca wool hand knitted shawl. Initially she started knitting it with a friend, but her friend's Mum took over them both when the pattern got too complicated.

A little while after, her friend sent her a message saying: "Mum has critiqued your knitting, she thinks she can resurrect it. She also thinks you must be very busy and have a lot of things on your mind when you knit".

Then she proceeded to unpicked the whole thing and start again! We have been cackling away over that one - now come on don't be shy Mrs whatever your name is, tell us what you REALLY think!

Also note the sweet necklace from her husband Ben - it was someone's birthday last week but I wasn't allowed mention it, but it's OK now right?? Happy birthday Janine!! Coz I'm nice I made her a little something...

Yeah Ok that was another fib. We had piles of cakes and other goodies for Australia's Biggest Morning Tea today and I feel ill from eating one of most things. These are the leftovers after everyone has given it a few good go's.  I think everyone here is in the same boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment