Sunday, 22 May 2011

Monday May 23

When I got dressed this morning and came out of my room, Mum did a double take. Apparently I look very respectable, which she said repeatedly and with a tone of great suprise. I think she was shocked (in a good way) to see I don't always dress like a homeless person.

Today's outfit is a new one. This top I got at Dotti on my shopping adventure with George the weekend before last. It has a sweet round collar (unlike anything else I own) and cascading layers - I don't know how else to describe it. It's a warm peachy/salmon colour and I guess a chiffon fabric?

On the downside I went to the bathroom and under the flourescent lights I could see the shadow of cleavage. That is not cool, especially for work. At least I have a skin coloured bra so it's not that obviously see through.

Note to self:  look in the mirror before leaving the house.

I think it would go better with a different skirt though. This skirt I've worn before - it's a shiny brown with a fine red and peach stripe through the skirt (which you can't really see), which makes the outfit 'match', kinda sorta. It's rounded off by the new black boots and stockings.

Sill cannot believe I wore see through clothes to work. Argghh

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous top, gorgeous. pair it with a sensible slip next time and make your mum even prouder. xx

    ReplyDelete