
Here's me, mid rant, I think from memory about the sign below.
i forgot to set my alarm this morning for an interview I had to do on Number Woman with ABC Hobart. The kind producer took one listen to my croaky voice, told me to go have a drink and said she'd call me back in two minutes. I sculled a glass of water and starting singing in the kitchen and i think my voice got okay but my mind... my mind, is not connected to my mouth at that hour* and i rambled on, directionless, to the poor Kiwi host. We ended up somehow on banks and student overdrafts being free in NZ, and I contributed to quite a bit of dead air in the six or so minutes they attempted to talk to me. Not my best work, but it was, as they say, a wide-ranging discussion.
I love this coat - my Mum bought it for me for my birthday about five years ago - it is light and dark green houndstooth, double-breasted with a big collar. It wasn't in fashion then nor now, but I've never seen another like it - despite us buying it at myer or DJs or something for about $100 in the winter sale (there are benefits to having your birthday in july). Jeans are my normal ones, and shoes are those ankle boot ones I bought a month ago, put in a box to keep them nice and then forgot about till this morning. It's already too cold for peep toes but I wanted to get another wear out of them before winter proper.

Now... I found this in our shared ladies bathroom on level 4 yesterday. i find this sign pretty objectionable on the grounds of just being ... gross (please note the exploding clip art toilet at the bottom). When I tried to get the funboys involved in the debate that ensued yesterday (no one in my office seemed particularly concerned), by saying I had never seen anything in the bathrooms to warrant such a sign, they said it must because I don't look and therefore I am the culprit. Do you see what I am up against? I don't get any support at home, just ridicule.
Erin submitted it to passiveaggressivenotes.com, which contains a treasure trove of funny signs. I like funny signs. This is my favourite.
Rocket pubes.
ReplyDeleteI think there's something in that for all of us. But what? hey are you drinking with Sare tomo night Skye? I wish you would, I am coming to town and would love some more of your filthy jokes in person.
ReplyDeleteSARAH! We have double digit followers.
ReplyDeleteDrink!
xx
that is exciting - is it time to quit our day jobs now do you think???
ReplyDeleteYour blog makes me happy! Seriously love it.
ReplyDeleteAs a fellow NGOer, it is a MAJOR struggle to wear anything more than jeans and a black tee. I think by tomorrow I will have worn that outfit three days in a row with three different black top variations. At least the top today was sparkly I suppose!